Monday, October 01, 2007

OOPS! I did it again!

I cried over baseball. Yes, Craig Biggio (see photo below). Sunday was the last game of a terrible Astros season but it was Biggio's last game ... ever. The worst part about it is that I don't live in Houston anymore. If I did, I would have been a blubbering idiot in the stands ... or at least on my sofa watching the game. It was not televised here so I missed it altogether, which I'm sure is some sort of blessing in disguise because it could have sent me into labor early! HAH! Today, while dutifully eating my morning snack (3 graham crackers, 6 almonds, and a string cheese - yum-o) like a good little diabetic should, I read about the game online. I cried. I just couldn't stop the tears! I was hoping and praying that nobody would walk in and wonder what the crazy pregnant lady was crying over this time. It just won't be the same next year. Well, hopefully it won't be the same because the season was terrible but it will be sad to see someone else at second base every day. You better believe little Megan's first Astros game will be the one where they retire Biggio's jersey. I AM going to that game, no matter what!!


So the diabetes isn't so bad. I know I'm much healthier than I was (ever) and I haven't been absolutely starving but ... ok, to tell you the truth, it absolutely sucks. I really liked to eat and that feeling was greatly enhanced by pregnancy. Now, it seems like I'm always eating but I'm never full, though I am getting better at finding things to fill me up. You know, 'free foods' for diabetics are all something your friendly neighborhood rabbit would munch on. mmmm - tasty. My blood sugars have been a little off kilter after breakfast so I'm going to have to do something about that but I've been pretty good the rest of the times. I am seeing my endocrinologist today so I'll discuss some of this with her even though I'm going back to my diabetes nurse at the end of this week and my dietitian next week. Oh the joys. Just when I thought I couldn't possibly have more to do!!
On the bright side, I looked at my calendar this morning and realized I'm OFF tomorrow for the baby furniture delivery!! Our nursery is finally going to be a nursery with furniture in it! A place for baby to sleep! FINALLY! I am so excited to see what it all looks like in the room, and I really hope it's not too much for the room. Then I'll be ready to wash the bedding and set it all up, so we can sit and wait for baby to be ready. I will post pics as soon as I take some!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are truly a GOOFBALL!

Anonymous said...

I was at the game on Sunday. I was tearing up in the stands. People all around us were crying. Astros baseball will never be the same.

Stefanie

Jennifer said...

I may be a goofball (I'm not denying that fact) but at least Stefanie understands me! :-)

Anonymous said...

you know what you need? some more doctors in your life. Have you thought about getting a contagious foot rash of some sort?

stacy