Sunday, October 21, 2007

Thank you everyone for your comments. It means a lot that so many people are concerned about Megan. My doc appointment on Friday really could have gone better. The ultrasound lady thought she saw more than one cyst ... one on each side. But when we spoke with the doc she said it was unclear whether she saw the same one or a different one. She wants me to go back to the specialist so he can take another look. Either way, there was a bit of good news regarding the cyst(s). The measurement I had on the picture of the cyst indicated 3 cm but my doc said the measurement was in millimeters rather than centimeters. It is nowhere near as large as we thought it was. That being said, the one they measured Friday was 6 mm so, if it was the same one, it is growing. The other good news was that my blood pressure behaved. It was back down in they 120s. She told me to go to Houston and enjoy my shower ... and have a piece of cake.

The good news ends there. The ultrasound lady found something she was even more concerned about. There was fluid in her belly that was not there when I saw the specialist the previous week. It appears to be fluid around the liver. In all honesty, we didn't ask exactly what that meant for Megan but apparently it is something they see in diabetics. So, we have a new concern and another reason I might go back to the specialist this week. I fell in love with my doctor all over again. She made me feel so much better (I'll admit, I was an absolute wreck). She told me that the baby has passed all her chromosomal/birth defect tests and she's growing on schedule (and not huge - yet) and now we're facing some unexpected problems but they are all fixable. There is no reason to think I won't have a healthy baby. She also said that I had gotten just too much information over the past week so she postponed my anemia blood test until my next appointment.

I have scheduled all my appointments with my OB through week 38 and I will be doing the ultrasound and non-stress test every Friday. After next week I'll be doing the non-stress tests every Tuesday as well. It's a good thing I only have three more weeks of work because I'm never going to be there!! The doc has backed off her thought that I'm destined for a c-section because I'm having a huge baby. I might actually get to do this thing the way it's meant to be - squeezed out of somewhere I don't even want to think about aided by many many drugs. :-) Obviously growth spurts are still possible but we're thinking normal baby rather than jolly green giant baby. I guess I need to pay more attention to the relaxation techniques in baby class instead of giggle my way through it.

Looking past all that stuff ... we had a fantastic time in Houston this weekend! We didn't get down there very early but we went to Chili's for dinner with MIL. The Southwestern Cobb Salad - without the corn relish - is absolutely wonderful and apparently safe for diabetics. My shower was Saturday at a place called Backstreet Cafe. It was a really nice little place and the weather was beautiful (I know - strange for Houston) so we were able to sit outside on their patio. I was smart enough to order a grilled chicken salad so I could save all my lunch carbs for cake. And that cake was sooooooo good. I ate the whole piece, except the frosting, but it was so worth it!! I had a wonderful time and received some great gifts. Here's a pic of the girls ... it's the only picture I have but I might get more later when Shannon or Tina email them to me! Clue: I'm the absolutely HUGE one in the middle totally rethinking the polk-a-dot maternity shirt.


Afterwards, we went to a friend's house where the guys were watching football. OH - and the Aggies won! WHOOP! We just hung out there and snacked a little but James and I had to tear ourselves away to go back to his mom's house and we went to Saltgrass for dinner. I was so tired of chicken and lettuce that I ordered something very different. I got some chicken breast with cheese and salsa and pico. It was really good - especially for someone on the chicken and lettuce diet!! I had the fried onions on the side (I absolutely LOVE those fried onions) but only ate about half of them. I think it was the first time I have been full in a long time - probably since I started this diet. mmmmmm. On the way home today we stopped at the Conroe Outlets where there is a Motherhood Maternity Outlet. I got a few more tops, since my top seems to be growing exponentially by the day. Two long sleeve and one more summery one but apparently it's never going to get cold here anyways. I hated to spend money on stuff I'm not going to wear much longer but I need big clothes.

I'll update when I know more. I don't know if I'm going to the specialist this week or not. Megan sure is acting like one healthy baby. She was very active this weekend which helped put my mind at ease since we were so far from home. She had a horrible case of hiccups this morning that kept me from going back to sleep at 7:00. It just made me laugh. Thank you again for all your notes and thoughts and prayers. It really does mean a lot to me.

2 comments:

Mel :-) said...

Mmm...Saltgrass is YUMMY! Heather and Christopher took us there before and it was GOOD! Glad to hear the shower went well! The pic is cute and I recognize a few of those faces!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I do pray for you and your baby. Hope all goes well- glad you had fun in Houston!

stacy