Here's the diamond wall in the nursery. The diamond pattern is just on one wall while the other walls are the lighter lilac color. We (OK ... James) also installed a fan!
This is a quilt my mom made. Too Cute!! I especially like the center bear!
Here's a belly shot. Not the greatest picture in the world but it serves its purpose! You don't need to see my big fat face anyways ... just the part that's supposed to be big and fat! I am 22 weeks! I'm not sure where another 6-8 pounds of baby are going to go! YIKES!
So it's Friday and the weekend is just starting! I'm so happy to be out of work for the week. We had a mini-health fair today where we could get info on a number of things and they were screening for glucose and cholesterol BUT the cholesterol machine wasn't working. I passed on the tests anyways because I get stuck by needles enough as it is. Then, they provided lunch for us, from Church's Chicken. Fried chicken, biscuits, mashed potatoes and gravy, coleslaw, and chocolate cake. Please, tell me you see the irony. We have no plans for the weekend. We're going out to my mom's house tomorrow to help pack up some stuff she doesn't want to leave with the movers then I think we might go see a movie! Right. I'm not holding my breath. Don't know if we'll eat lunch at Kincaid's or El Fenix. hmmmmm. So much to think about. :-)
6 comments:
Jenny-
I am Melissa's sister in law. I read your blog often, but haven't commented. That nursery is beautiful-how did you paint the diamond pattern? You look great from the shots that you've posted. Hope everything continues well with your pregnancy.
I love the diamonds on the wall!! Great job! How DID you do that??? Love the outfit, quilt and socks, too cute. You know that my favorite part of the quilt is the A&M square!! You look great! :-) Can I come down for some El Fenix???
The diamond pattern was a pain!! James measured everything out, marked up the wall with pencil lines then taped off each diamond. You could only do every other one so when those were done we had to tape off the other half. Then he had to touch up everywhere the pencil lines weren't covered and where the paint bled under the tape! We picked up a decorative painting 'How To' book at Home Depot that had step by step instructions. It definitely took lots of patience and even more tape but we're so happy we did it, and that it is done!!
The nursey looks awesome! I really like the diamonds on the wall. You look great in the pictures.
Stefanie
I probably would have "eye-balled" it. Would have been wonky. Love the nursery!
stacy
WOW! LOVE the diamonds! And the socks and the outfit and the quilt and the belly shot!!! Is it going fast or slow for you?! Seems like just yesterday I read you were pregnant?!? lol
Post a Comment