Boy was it cold in Houston. I packed a skirt to wear to Mass on Sunday but since it was 39* outside I ended up wearing jeans. I know, I was the evil person in jeans at Easter Mass. Oh the HORROR! Who expected it to be that cold for Easter ... especially in Houston?!! My mom called me Saturday to say it was snowing at her house. She sent me some pics of the snow AND the Best Dog in the World! :-) I don't think Kaitlin was too wild about the snow. It's supposed to be warm in April and the cold is hard on her old bones!! I know you can barely see the snow but it was there, I promise!
Luckily it didn't really freeze so we haven't killed all our plants yet. In Houston, we cleaned out James' old closet and he was a pack-rat. He had most of his notebooks from college and let me tell you, there were some interesting things in those notebooks. Lots of phone numbers and some little love notes from his study buddies. Hmmmmmm. :-) He also had college textbooks and all his 'required reading' books from HIGH SCHOOL. Why? No reason to keep that crap. Then again, I guess if you actually used it when you were supposed to it might mean more to a person. I wouldn't know. hee hee Anyways ... Half Price Books has them all now and I am a whopping $15 richer. At least someone else has that junk and I don't have to deal with it in my house.
Nothing else going on. I took today off and went to lunch with my mom. The Astros are on TV this afternoon because they're in Chicago. Ofcourse, they were winning when I turned it on and they're tied right now so I probably should turn it off. I must be the chosen anti-fan or something. I suppose I should clean house and/or do some laundry to justify my day off but who wants to do that? As long as the house looks a little better when James gets home ... right?
2 comments:
It is crazy how cold it has been in TX lately!! Glad you had a good weekend! :-)
I hauled the girls to church in their Easter dresses and winter coats. ITs a good look :)
stacy
Post a Comment