I mentioned in my last post that we were planning to spread some dirt to level our yard on our two days off. Can I just tell you, when that dump truck backed up to our yard and deposited three yards of dirt I was ready to cry. My job was to load the wheelbarrows. James dumped them and started spreading. I'm not sure I was the winner there but I went with it. Do you even know what muscles you use while shoveling dirt? I can point them all out to you since I pretty much couldn't walk the next day. We filled in the low spots and our yard still looks like it has a comb-over but we're hoping for the best. If your husband ever suggests doing something that involves 'yards of dirt' ... run. Run as fast as you can and don't look back.
This weekend we're getting our patio furniture delivered (YAY!) and we're planning to do our planting (and mowing and pulling weeds). I can't wait to get my tomatoes and jalapenos in the ground! I hope putting them in the ground instead of pots will produce much healthier plants and larger fruit (or are they vegetables - whatever). We have some weeds in front of our house that are bigger than the bushes. It's ghetto fab!
2 comments:
I really hope that your yards of dirt didnt move with all the rain!! What a pain to move it all back :(
stacy
We SOOOO need to do that in our yard...thanks for the warning though! You'll have to share pictures when it's all 'put together'.
Post a Comment