When is this child going to sleep? I have spent 10 weeks seeing more of the middle of the night than I really want to and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Last night, he had his last bottle at 8:00 pm and he ate about 7 ounces, so he had a full belly. He was awake for a while so I put him to bed at 9:00. He was up at 1:30, having busted out of the swaddle. He wasn't hungry, just a little fussy, so I wrapped him back up and gave him his paci and ... Had to go back in there about 3 MORE TIMES before he was asleep again. He woke up again at 3:15 am with only one arm out of the swaddle. I gave him his paci again but figured he was hungry since he typically wakes to eat around 3:45-4:00 am. I only tried once to soothe him before making his bottle and getting him up. He was sleep eating for half the bottle so I burped him and he promptly passed out. He wanted nothing to do with the rest of his bottle. He was out! He ate half his bottle,money 3 ounces, which is what he was eating at about 3 weeks old. I held him upright for a while hoping to curb the spitting up and put him back to bed a little after 4:00. He woke up again at 5:30 soaked in spit up and out of his blanket. I wiped him off, rewrapped, and pacifiered him, which lasted about an hour before it was time to do it all over again. Finally, on my second trip in there at 6:50 am, I had already decided to get him up when I found him ON HIS TUMMY with only one arm out of the blanket. So my sleepless nights are about to go from bad to worse because it is time to break the swaddle habit. He DOES NOT nap well in his bed when he isn't swaddled so I'm not expecting much out of him at night. I think I will just make a bed on his floor tonight ...
I guess what I meant to say was ... YAY! My kid rolled over!
*yawn*
3 comments:
HaHaHa! I mean....I am really not laughing at you because I have been there....still am kind of. You may be stronger than me because I found the solution to be just put him in bed with me which is what I have done with all 3 of my sleepless boys. Gage still spends most of the night in bed with me and he is 16 months. I work full time so whatever it takes to get some sleep. I know, I won't win mommy of the year award...
Bad Parent Co-Sleeper
Oh no Jenny. I hope he starts sleeping better soon. Hannah doesn't like her crib but tends to do a little better at night. So maybe he'll do a little better at night without the swaddle than during the day.
And for the record Lori, my rule of thumb is to keep my babies in their bassinet right next to my bed until they sleep through the night well. I'm too lazy to get up and have to walk to another room in the middle of the night to feed them. So I don't put mine in their crib very soon either. :)
I'm laughing because I had that baby. Love to tell you that it gets better, but heck, the kid is now 8 and for some reason still visits in the middle of the night (can you say sleep-walking?)
stacy
Post a Comment