We had a blast on our vacation. We left on July 3rd and headed down to Magnolia to stay with some friends for two nights then headed down to Galveston for another four nights. We were apprehensive, to say the least, about taking our girls away for so long. It was a bumpy road at times but we all survived and (I think) we all had a lot of fun. Getting the girls to sleep was a real issue and we had some bad habits to break when we got home. I had to hold Em and rock her to sleep every night. I know some people do that regularly but not me. The kid goes to bed when I put her to bed. I don't know if it's just because that's the way we do it and have always done it, or if she's just an easy kid. Probably a little of both I guess. The bad habits have been broken, for the most part, and we're getting back on schedule at home. I know we were happy to be home so I can only imagine what the girls thought when we got them out of the car Friday afternoon. When we turned into our neighborhood we said, "where are we girls?" not really expecting an answer. Megan said, "home". It was the first time she's ever used that word.
I uploaded our pics to Shutterfly, all 300+. I plan to put some on the blog if you want to wait for that but it might be a slow process.
No comments:
Post a Comment