Monday, April 21, 2008

Ahhh ... the weekend is over!!

It was a big weekend for Baby Megan!! Grammy Olga was in town for the weekend for her Baptism Sunday afternoon. I think she was happy to get back to her weekday routine of eat, play, sleep, repeat. I know mommy was happy to get back into that routine. Friday night was a nightmare ... MIL went around with a realtor Friday afternoon and James was supposed to meet up with BIL to bring MIL back here ... anyways ... nightmare ... so Megan was awake until 10:00 pm!! Saturday was actually kind of productive. Our neighborhood had their garage sale weekend so James and I lugged my old college sofa out to the curb and put a "free" sign on it. Some kid was happy to load it up into his Honda Pilot with James' help (figure that one out - that's not a big car) and we were just ecstatic to get it out of our house!! Now I can get to the treadmill without climbing over a sofa and a bed and a bunch of other crap!!! Saturday afternoon we hit the outlet mall. It was such a beautiful day so it was nice to do something outdoors and I LOVE that mall. Poor Megan was in her carrier for a long time Saturday but she's such a trooper. I don't think Sunday was much better between Mass, breakfast, and being held during the Baptism. There were 12 children being baptized Sunday afternoon so it was a long ceremony. She was a trooper through that too but I think she was happy to get out of that long dress and take a nap once we got home. Here are some pics ...
Being Baptized with the water. She didn't cry at all during that.
Being a wiggle worm on mommy's lap. Daddy can always calm her down!

With the Godparents!
Here's a pic of the gown my sister-in-law made. Isn't it just beautiful!? The church gave us the white stole with the cross on it after the ceremony was complete.

We didn't get any really good shots of Megan in the gown. She was wiggly and we were always holding her. I might try to put it on her again sometime this week to take some pics. She wasn't very happy either so the smiles were few and far between.

1 comment:

Mel :-) said...

What a weekend! Sounds like it was a busy one but memorable! The dress is beautiful, it is so neat that your SIL made it! :-) Pretty cool that Stacy & Josh are her Godparents- now y'all are stuck together for life, ha ha! ;-)