Thursday, November 30, 2006

Now that's COLD!!

Can you believe it's 28* (feels like 14*) and snowing outside in the great state of Texas?!?! It is COLD! WINDY! WET! ICY! and a little bit snowy. It was 80* when I came home from work yesterday around 4:00 and then the wind blew in and within a matter of an hour the temp had dropped 40 degrees! Yes, seriously, 40 degrees in one hour. So I set out for work today knowing the ice was coming but there really wasn't much I could do about it. The roads were clear at 8:30 this morning. Not so much at 1:00 this afternoon - when I had to scrape the ice off my windows before I could leave!!

So here's a pic of the neighborhood from earlier this afternoon. It's still flurrying a little right now so maybe there will be more before the day is done. Not likely but I just want a SNOW DAY TOMORROW so I can stay under the covers and eat soup all day long.


Notice the nice lawn two doors down with the winter rye grass - yep, the green one. We're still in a drought and will most likely not be able to water our lawns at all next summer and people want to have green lawns in the winter! I have to admit, we did it on year ... in Houston where you get more rain than you know what to do with!! Anyways, aren't the white rooftops pretty? Hey, we take what we can get and if that's half an inch of snow a month before Christmas I'm OK with that! Here's another pic of the world's best dog having fun in the cold!! She loves the cold weather for about 5 minutes then she's ready to snuggle up on the sofa!

So that's what's going on in my world. I guess I've been busy this week since I just noticed I hadn't blogged in a while. Let's see ... nothing big going on. Just trying to decorate for Christmas and catch up on the shows we missed last week. My TiVo didn't record the season premier of The OC a couple weeks ago so I missed that but I plan to get caught up on the other episodes sometime. On our way home from Austin we stopped at TWO outlet malls! The one in Round Rock totally rocks and then we stopped in Hillsboro too. James is the best husband in the world because we actually missed the exit for the Round Rock mall and he actually turned around and back tracked so we could get there. Then, knowing we still had to pick up the dog and get home and unpack so we could go to our friends' house he agreed to stop in Hillsboro too! I'm telling you, James has a thing for shopping and I know how lucky I am.

I hope everyone is surviving this winter weather, wherever you are! I think I'm going to light the fire, open a bottle of wine, and call it a night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Look at that! It never snowed for us when we lived in Texas!! It looks good! How crazy is this- our temp is 25* and feels like 16*!! Crazy, we have the same temps almost! I will have a drink by the fire with you tonight, how's that? ;-)
Signed,
your young-looking-enough-to-get carded friend, Melissa!
wink wink! ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Yup- got the kids all dressed up in the coats and gloves, dragged them outside so they could play in the crummy snow. It lasted all of 45 seconds before Sarah decided she was cold and went inside. What a wimp

stacy

Heather said...

It was fun while it lasted, right? I loved sitting on my couch and watching the snow flurries come down that day! Glad we all survived our ONE white day this year! lol