Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Halloween!

What's up with all you parents? You think just because you have to take your little kids out Trick or Treating that you need to leave work early or something? Traffic was an absolute nightmare last night. You know what ... the candy isn't going anywhere!! I suppose you're all going to do it again around the other holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas too. The nerve of some people!! :-) Really, we had a successful night and saw soooo many cute costumes. We almost ran out of candy but James reluctantly pulled his stashed bag of Twix out of the fridge so the night was saved. In Pearland, we used to get quite a few older "kids" that didn't do much to dress up (and didn't seem very appreciative) but this year in Frisco was great. Everyone was saying thank you ... I'm pretty sure when I was a kid I would just take the candy and run! Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween and I hope you're enjoying all that great candy!

I went to Sonic this morning to grab a coke since all we have at home is caffeine free and that just wasn't going to cut it today. I ordered a medium drink and it was $1.40. Ummm what? $1.40 for a 22 oz drink, filled with ice? I should have just bought one from the rip off machine in the break room where a 20 oz bottle is $1. Seriously ... thank GOD my car doesn't run on Diet Coke. Then again, I wish I could get Diet Coke out of a gas pump!! ha ha ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would sooo drink diet coke straight from the pump

stacy

Mel :-) said...

Sonic is terrible about filling the cup all the way with ice and then you get like 2 sips of coke!! I figure if I want a medium I should order the route 44!
Mmmm Diet Dr. P from a pump...now that would be nice!! ;-)