Monday, December 07, 2009

More about Megan

I forgot to list her 2 Year stats in my last post so here they are ...

drum roll please ....

Height: 37.5" above 97%
Weight: 30 lbs. 15 oz. 90-95%
Head: 20" above 97%

The good doc said her numbers are rounding out nicely so they're still in line with where she's been her whole life. She did really well at her visit. She didn't scream at the doctor at all and I think she might have even given him a smile. She got her H1N1 vaccine so at least she's covered. They're only giving them out to high risk and at well visits - whatever - so Emily will get hers in January I suppose. She's the one I'm really worried about but I guess it's really no big deal. As for Megan, he said not to force toilet training, take her to the dentist, and move her out of her crib. I kind of chuckled because when I mentioned she was still in her crib he immediately told me we need to move her out. That she's too big. I feel bad for the poor girl because if she was a couple inches shorter it wouldn't be a problem. So, we're trying to figure that out since it absolutely DID NOT go well the last time we tried. Load of fun coming up for us!!

In other news, James and I had a couple date nights last week. We had happy hour with his work peeps on Thursday at Sambuca in The Shops. Pretty cool place but apparently they think a lot of themselves. Saturday night was his boss's big party. That was a fully catered affair with food from Blue Mesa (and margaritas - wow, just realized that's probably why they were blue. duh!) and we watched most of the second half of the Big XII Champ game in his humongo-media room. It was fun. As fun as a work party can be I suppose. I hope there won't be a quiz any time soon because I've met a lot of new people in the last few days. Lots of faces to keep straight. It is nice to finally put faces with all the names ... especially the boss.

So the Longhorns pulled out a bullshit victory. TCU got screwed. The Cowboys have started their annual December slide. My Aggies are going to a bowl game to get their asses kicked. At least my fantasy team did well, coming in FIRST in the regular season and going into the playoffs with a bye week. I guess that's the only kind of football I can count on these days. Fantasy. GO KILLERS! Mamma needs a new pair of shoes!!

1 comment:

wish_on_a_star said...

My pedi said the same thing about the crib.......Cass is 37.5 inches tall too and almost 30lbs. He said get him out now beacause of how tall he is. Also told us to see the dentist and not push the potty. Are the trained to say the same things? :) I am scared of the big boy bed experience!