I know I've haven't had much to say lately. What can I say, life has been pretty dull and I was reading a good book. If you like chick-lit ... (British chick-lit) ... "Goodbye, Jimmy Choo" by Annie Sanders is pretty good. It's not your typical fluffy "Bridget Jones" type of characters which I think made it better than some books I've read lately. Don't get me wrong, I love the ditzy characters, like in the "Shopaholic" series by Sophie Kinsella, but you can only take so much. I went to the library after jury duty today and picked up a book by James Patterson that I've wanted to read so if anyone has read "1st to Die" let me know what you thought. My next book will definitely have to be chick-lit though since I'll be reading it on the beach in Florida ... less than two weeks! WOOHOO!
So, I mentioned that I had jury duty today. It was for the City of Frisco Municipal Court and I didn't have to be there until 1:30 pm but I took the whole day off for it. THEN, I wasn't there for more than 5 minutes because two of the cases scheduled for that afternoon were cancelled. I walked in, took a seat in the courtroom, passed my form to the end of the row and was dismissed. I was back in my car by 1:32pm! Best jury duty ever! Actually, it was my only time for jury duty so I was kind of looking forward to learning more about it. Thank GOD I never got called when I lived in Harris County (Houston). That would have been a nightmare. Getting to the Frisco courthouse was easy peasy.
After the library I decided to do some shopping I've been putting off for a while. I figured even though it was raining I should go since I wasn't in court or at work. I walked out of PetsMart and I absolutely could not believe ... it is SNOWING AGAIN!!! I do still live in Texas, right? It's still snowing and has been for almost 2 hours now! It's still on the grass and rooftops but not the roads so I'm sure I'll be going to work tomorrow. I hope it doesn't ice overnight. Yes, I plan to go out and take some pics to share. I know it's not much but I did spend the last 8 years in Houston where I saw snow once. I think I enjoy it so much because I know it's not going to be inches (or feet) deep by the time it stops!
Hope all is well with everyone! Can't wait for Grey's Anatomy tonight! Who will say YES?!!?
2 comments:
seriously- still snowing. It took me 3 hours to get to work today. I hate this!
stacy
Glad you are finally getting some good snow! Sucks that since it doesn't snow regularly enough there you don't have the snow plow guys out clearing the roads for your morning commute! That helps big time! Oh well! The beach sounds nice too! :-)
P.S. Stacy you never comment on my blog. You are officially a loser! haha ;-)
Post a Comment