Friday, January 12, 2007

It's coming!!!

Brrrr... We're preparing for the icy blast. OK, so not really. I mean we have enough booze and plenty of food in the freezer so we're not really doing much to prepare. I agreed to work full-time on Monday so now I have to worry about being there at 8:00 am. See, I keep my eye on the weather and none of the meteorologists knew if this was actually going to do anything so here I am, with a hair appointment tomorrow afternoon, a party to go to tomorrow night, and a full day at the office on Monday, and they're saying "heavy freezing rain" for all day on Sunday. I hope it really does nothing but get cold OR ... Is REALLY bad so there's no choice but to stay home on Monday.

You know, I guess I shouldn't hope for the worst. I remember an ice storm in the very early 80s that actually froze our local White Rock Lake in Dallas. I'm fairly certain this storm won't do that but I know ice storms can get pretty dangerous as they freeze and snap power lines and make roads pretty treacherous ... However the year the lake froze we drove down there to see it!! I was, maybe 5 - 7 years old? It was fascinating!

Wish it would actually snow instead of ice. That would be so much more fun! Oh well. I live in Texas so what do I expect?! If there's anything to share I'll definitely post pictures.
Until then ... Keep warm everyone!!

No comments: