We had a great time in Houston over the weekend. We got there late Friday evening and just hung around with Mother-In-Law. Saturday we power washed the outside of her house ... Getting it ready to sell little by little ... then we went to lunch at Wings N More. Ahhh sweet Wings N More. It has been so long my old friend. We checked out the new Macy's (former Foley's) at the Galleria afterwards! My husband has to be the only straight man on earth that suggests a mall trip after lunch with his wife, mother, and her neighbor. We had a great time at the baby shower that night with everyone we hadn't seen in SOOOO long ... and apparently everyone got themselves knocked up after we left town. There were 4 preggos there other than the mom-to-be and I really want to say the girl the shower was for was probably the smallest one there! Doesn't that just kill you! She's due at the end of October and looks like she's just started showing. I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty sure I will be big as a house with only 5 weeks to go - whenever that may be. The party was great and we didn't get home until 3 am so we were partying like we were in college again. Well, not quite like college since we didn't drive through Whataburger or Taco Cabana on the way home!
How about those Aggies though (speaking of college)? We listened to much of the game on the radio at the party but it's just not the same. I'm so glad we're on TV this weekend and hopefully we'll kick Tech to the curb. They are not a rival game and they never will be. They're the red-headed stepchild of Texas college football and they just need to keep their tortilla throwing selves in Lubbock. If you haven't heard, they're thinking of playing the A&M/Tech game at the Cotton Bowl like they do the tu/ou game. hmmmmm .... while it would be nice to have that game so close to home I do NOT want to legitimize the "rivalry". soapbox. off.
It's another beautiful day here in Dallas. Temps in the upper 50's in the morning mean the dog gets a really long walk but it's not quite cool enough for a sweatshirt. I can't wait for those days!! I had to run errands this morning and went to lunch with James then I spent 45 minutes wandering DSW Shoe Warehouse and came home empty handed. What is that all about? Who spends that much time in a shoe store and doesn't buy anything?
It is now 4:00 and I've accomplished nothing around the house. All the Halloween stuff is in the garage waiting for me to put it up. I started a load of laundry but there's stuff in the dryer that has to be fluffed (a second time) before I can take it out and fold it. I think I still have a dish or two from dinner last night that needs to be washed. My house is two people and a dog. What part of that means I will never get ahead around the house? The job search is in full gear now too thanks to James' relocation package. I'm working with a company that is going to help with the resume and the search so there's no turning back now. I hope to be employed soon. Well, not so much really but a paycheck will be nice.
Everyone ... enjoy your week!
1 comment:
Oh how I miss Wings N More... Brings back memories! Love their chicken tenders!!! I am so happy the Ags will be on TV this weekend, though we will have to record it and watch later. We will be out in the yard working on the sprinklers! Great analogy.. ha ha ha
Post a Comment